Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Easy Chicken Tortilla Bake

I made this recipe last week and 3 out of the 5 of us loved it. (I should just say three out of four because Lily doesn't like anything...) ;0)

It was super easy to make and very yummy! All you need is cooked chicken in smalls strips (I used 3 breasts, but next time I will probably use 5), a can of cream of chicken soup, 1 cup salsa, corn tortillas torn into bite size pieces, 1/2 cup milk, and cheddar cheese.


Preheat the oven to 350* and cook the chicken. (I cook it in a pan with a little olive oil and salt & pepper.) Then mix the cream of chicken soup, milk, and salsa.


Don't let the look of it discourage you. It looks gross, but once it all put together, it is good. I promise!
Next, tear up enough tortillas to cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.


Add half of the chicken. (This is where I wish I had cooked more chicken)


Pour half of the soup mix on top and then cover with cheese.



Repeat the tortilla, chicken, soup, and cheese layers and cover with foil.


Bake for 30-40 minutes (until cheese is melted), then let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.


We had this with green beans and salad, so it wasn't too carby of a meal. ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment