Friday, March 6, 2015

DIY Photo Hanger

I have a lot of family and I like to hang the pictures that they give me, but I have too many to put them al in frames, so I got this photo hanger (I'm sure that's the technical term) but as you can see, it doesn't exactly hold the pictures in place.....


I decided to make a new one, so I got a cheap frame, paint, fabric, ribbon, and mini clothes pins:


Lily wanted to (insisted on) helping me. So we painted the frame yellow.



While we let that dry, we measured out the gray and white chevron material for the background, but putting the back of the frame on the material, then cutting around it leaving about a half inch extra to glue down.




We put on a second coat of paint and let it sit over night.

The next day, we measured out the ribbon so we could glue it onto the inside of the frame:


Then we put the back onto the frame:



Lily wanted to put the pictures on with the clothes pins, so I laid the pictures where I wanted them and she clipped them on:


All done! So much cuter than the old one!


I got the frame, paint, and fabric from Walmart, and the ribbon and clothes pins from Michael's.

1 comment: