Thursday, September 11, 2014

Easy On The Go Breaskfasts (That are freezable too!)

I have been looking for new ideas for the kids and Jeff for breakfast that are fast and easy, but not pop tarts. Don't get me wrong, they still eat pop tarts, but I thought these breakfasts would be a nice change of pace. I also like that I can make a big batch of them and freeze them!!

The first one is pancake muffins with sausage in the them.
This last summer, we stayed in a hotel with free breakfast and one of the things they had were pancakes on a stick with sausage in the middle. The kids LOVED these!! So, I thought, "I could make these!"
All I needed was pancake mix, water, and sausage.
I mixed pancake batter according to the package directions, and pour into cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Then I cut precooked sausage links in half and put 2 halves in the pancake batter. I baked at 350* for about 10 minutes. 
The kids ate theirs with a side of syrup. 


They loved them!


The next easy breakfast I tried was biscuits with sausage and cheese.
I used bisqucik mix, water, ground pork sausage, and cheddar cheese.
I mixed the bisquick mix according to the directions on the box, adding a little bit more water to make them a bit thinner. I browned & drained the ground sausage, then added it plus cheese to the mix. I spooned the mix into cupcake liners in a muffin pan and baked at 400* for 10 minutes.



The kids loved the cheesy sausage in these!



This next breakfast I actually make all of the time for Jeff. I make a batch on Sunday and he takes them all week. Pretty easy!
They are just simple breakfast burritos. I take low carb tortillas, eggs, cheddar cheese, and pre-cooked turkey sausage links. I sprinkle cheese on the tortillas, scramble eggs (one egg for each burrito I'm making) and place those on top of the cheese. Then I add one sausage link per burrito cut up into pieces, then roll up and wrap in saran wrap.  



I just throw any of these in the microwave in the morning and the kids enjoy a hot breakfast!

Other things I have done in the past:
Make and freeze small pancakes
Make and freeze muffins

1 comment:

  1. These are great ideas that I will be trying out! Thanks!!
    -D.

    ReplyDelete