Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Smoky Mexican Stir-fry

I made this Mexican stir-fry the other night. It was very yummy, but it was also super spicy. But, even though it cleared out my sinuses, I kept eating it. I like to eat spicy stuff, but if you don't like spicy stuff this is not for you.

Here's what you need:
3 boneless chicken breasts, cut up into thin slices
1/2 pound of bacon, cut into small squares
1 can chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
1/2 onion, cut into slices
1 red bell pepper, in slices
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
salt & pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
lettuce for salad or wraps




After you cut up the meat and vegetables, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add in the garlic, cumin, oregano, peppers and onion. Add salt & pepper to your liking. Cook until the peppers & onion are to your liking. (I like mine a little soft, so I cook them longer)


When your peppers & onions are done, take them out of the pan and set them aside. Add the chicken, bacon, and the chipotle peppers. Cook until the meat is done all the way through.


When the meat is done, add the peppers & onion back in the pan & heat through.


I served ours over a bowl of lettuce, but you could also out it in lettuce wraps or over rice if you wanted.


I really liked the spiciness of this dish. It was way too hot for our kids though. So, this will be a dish for just Jeff & I. :0)

1 comment: