Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I don't normally put recipes on here, because I am usually a strictly follow the recipe kind of girl. I am not good at throwing things together to make something delicious. But, I had seen a picture of a recipe for mozzarella stuffed chicken on Pinterest & thought it sounded good. Of course, it was one of those pins that led you to only the picture.....no recipe. :0( So, I thought I could kind of make it my own. The first time I made it, everyone (except Lily, who doesn't like anything) loved it! So, when I made it again, I decided to make pictures so I could share it on here.

This is what you need:


Boneless chicken breasts, plain breadcrumbs, basil leaves, garlic powder, mayo, and a block of mozzarella.

The first thing that you do it cut the chicken lengthwise so there is an opening for the cheese:


Sprinkle on the bay leaves & garlic powder, and lay down two slices of cheese:


Roll the chicken up so the cheese is tucked inside & place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I use foil because the cheese will leak out. This is easier to clean :) I still spray the foil though.)


Next, spread mayo onto the top & sides of the chicken, about a tablespoon full.


The next thing I did was sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top & pressed them in with my hand:


Cook these at 350* for 20 minutes or until done.
Ooey gooey goodness!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I was wanting to try the mozzarella stuffed chicken so I'll have to use your recipe. You need to give me the recipe for that chicken you made me for dinner one time after I had the twins! I have been wanting to make it, but I keep forgetting to ask you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks yummy AND easy! I feel confident I can do everything except cut the chicken in half...I'll work on that skill.

    -D.

    P.S. Your blog wants me to type in a secret code to make sure I am not a "robot". Do you get many robots commenting on your blog these days! ;0)

    ReplyDelete