Monday, May 23, 2011

Baby Bird Update

We have Baby Birds!!!!
We saw this little guy last Friday:

Then we noticed these guys on Saturday:


There are at least three birds now.

I have not looked again to see if the other 3 eggs have hatched.

(We had 4 blue eggs & 2 brown speckled eggs)

I did not want to upset the mama bird too much.

The kids think they are cute.

I do too....sort of.

They are kind of cute & ugly at the same time. =)


****I could not figure out why there were two different colored eggs in the nest. My dad found out that there are parasitic birds that lay eggs in other birds' nests. The parasitic bird that lives in Kansas is called a Buffalo Bird. Most of the time the mama bird will just take care of the other babies right along with her own. It looks like that is happening in our nest.****

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of that before. Weird. Enjoy the cuteness! (once they get feathers, that is...) :)

    ReplyDelete