Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ice Cream Sandwiches and a Sleepover

On Monday night we checked off number 14 on our summer list:
Have A Sleepover
It also happens to be the last thing we needed to check off of our list!!
The boys wanted to invite their cousins Tabitha & Alyssa over.
To make the sleepover extra fun, we decided to make ice cream sandwiches.

First we needed cookies.

We had chocolate, chocolate chip, and peanut butter.
The next thing we needed was ice cream!
Then we needed stuff to roll our ice cream cookies in:

They spread ice cream on a cookie, smooshed another cookie down on top, then rolled it in their choice of candy.

This was really messy, but a lot of fun!!

And really yummy!
Here are a few that the kids made:
After they ran around, running off some of that sugar,
We settled down for a movie.
They did stay up pretty late, but they didn't get up until 8:15.
That was just fine with me! ;-)
Thanks Taby & Alyssa for coming over to have a sleepover!

Now all of the things the kids wanted to do are crossed off of our list!
The boys start school next Wednesday and Lily starts on the 24th.
Everyone is super excited!!!

2 comments:

  1. MAN I wish I had been invited...I LOVE ice cream sandwiches and they look super Yummy! Glad you all had fun and have checked off everything off your list just in the nick of time :0)

    -D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! These look so yummy! I'm sure if my kids ever saw these pictures, they would have been on our summer list, too! :) Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete