Thursday, June 3, 2010

Mulberries

My parent's have a mulberry bush by their house.
One of my favorite memories from when I was younger, is going to that bush with my sisters, Amy & Mary, and eating the berries off of the bush.
The other day when I was at my parent's house, I noticed the bush had tons of mulberries on it.
Lily was the first one over there and when I showed her a berry and told her she could eat it, she looked at me like I was crazy......until she tasted it.
Then she said, "More! More!"
The boys loved them too and they picked LOTS of berries!

Riley is taking his berry picking seriously.
Lily picked some for awhile...until she realized that Grammy & I could pick them for her.
Then she was content with just holding her hand out. =)

Yummy!


One thing I remember from when I was little, is that those berries stain!
They stain your fingers, mouth, tongue....clothes.....


They thought it was funny that they had purple all over them.
Riley was definitely the most purple.

They picked almost all of the ripe ones and are now waiting for the rest to ripen.
I like that they will have some of the same childhood memories that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment