Friday, March 5, 2010

A Few Things From This Week:

Here are just a few random things from this week.
First, we are amazed that we still have fish from Fun Night.
Which was a month ago.
We don't have a very good record with keeping these fish alive. ;-)

Second, Tuesday was Dr. Seuss's Birthday.
We are BIG Dr. Seuss fans in this house.
So, we made "Cat in the Hat" shaped pizzas.
We cut out rectangles in the dough, and used pepperoni and cheese as the stripes.
Then we rolled up the bottom to look like the brim of the hat.
The kids thought these were funny......and tasty.

I also made an ABC chart for Riley.
He will start kindergarten in the Fall. (sniff, sniff.)
He knows his uppercase letters, but is having trouble matching up the lower case to some of the upper case.
So, this game will help him!
I used my sister Mary's cool Cricut machine to cut out circles for the letters.
Blue for lower & yellow for upper.
****Ok, I actually made her do it, but I watched. ;-)****
Then I stuck letter stickers on the circles.
I glued the upper case letters on a piece of poster board.

Now Riley can match the lower case letters to the upper case letters.

He really likes his new game!

Lastly, I received this in the mail:

I had seen this on another blog.
If you go to
You can order a FREE 8x10 canvas picture of your choosing.
All you have to do is pay shipping and handling. (about $15.00)
I uploaded this picture of my kids at the beach last Spring.
I really like it!


Well, that's all for this week.
Enjoy this nice weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment