Friday, October 30, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

We carved pumpkins tonight....after the boys' Halloween party......because I forgot all about carving them last night.

Lily was way more enthusiastic this year. Last year, she refused to have anything to do with the inside of the pumpkin. Tonight she was all about it. She dug her hand right in and pulled out a seed!

She even wanted to touch the big pile of gunk Jeff pulled out for.

Riley on the other hand, did not like it...again. I think this picture pretty much explains how he feels about sticking his hand in a pumpkin. =)

Zach, like every year, LOVES to pull the slimy stuff out.
Me? I'm with Riley. That's not my favorite part.
Lily told me what shapes she wanted on her face, and then she "helped" me carve it.
Riley designed his pumpkin's face and then I helped him carve it.

Zach drew his own face on, then said, "Mom, I'm old enough to carve my own pumpkin". (add some attitude into that sentence.) So, he did, and he did a really good job!

Now they are all done! Now we just have to wait until tomorrow night to light them up! (I buy light sticks to put in them, so we don't have to use candles, and they are cool colors!)


No comments:

Post a Comment