Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Day of First Grade!

Today is Zach's first day of 1st grade! He was up before I was!! He got ready quickly and seemed excited......until we got to his classroom. Then he suddenly looked like he was going to be sick. Poor guy!!! =( He was so nervous. I know he will settle in and relax, that it just takes him a little while, and that he will have a good day. But that didn't make it any easier to leave him.
I can't believe how fast they grow. Most of the time I get excited thinking about how the kids are growing and the people they are becoming.......but then there are days like today when I want them to stay small forever. This time really does go by too fast. I am thankful for the reminder though, even though it makes me sad, because then I know I have to make the most of this time with them. They won't be little for long.

1 comment: